Mountain View High School Band Parent's Association
The purpose of the Mountain View High School Band Parent's Association is to assist the Director of Bands at Mountain View High School:
- To foster and promote a positive image of the Mountain View High School and feeder middle school band students and band programs within the schools and the community at large.
- To provide moral and financial support and service to the Mountain View High School Band Program and to the band programs within the feeder middle schools.
- To cooperatively support the efforts of the Director of Bands and the band staff to provide students with a music education that meets the highest possible standards.
- Assist the Mountain View High School and feeder middle school bands in achieving growth in musicianship, in performance opportunities and in the number of students participating at all levels.
- To foster an appreciation within the Stafford County Public Schools and the greater Stafford County community for the educational value of a strong, comprehensive band program.
"Directors literally could not do what they do without band parents. First of all, their endorsement means we have credibility in their child's eyes. Then there are the obvious issues of doing physical, as well as financial, work. If the band director had to do each of the jobs of the committee chairperson, he or she wouldn't have any time to do anything else. The truth is, you need all parents to be actively involved in the booster organization because you need their support! This is the main function of the booster organization. Its mission should be to build a family that works together for the good of all."
-Scott Rush (Habits of a Successful Band Director)